Monday, June 11, 2012

Flyers Tshirt Quilt

I decided I wanted to jump into my next huge project…. a TShirt quilt!!! Specifically FLYERS!!!! Since NHL does NOT license their logos & the bedding you can get is extremely expensive, I wanted my own personal blanket!!! So I started collecting the FREE playoff tshirts. Well, some of them weren't free "to me"…. I purchased a lot of 5 from bay for $8.99. The rest my Mom and brother gave me…. (Good thing because the "Hulk Hogan - Whatcha gonna do" shirt was going for over $25 on ebay… was NOT paying that!!!!)

Here is the start of the collecting...

Rough cutting….



Figuring out all the math & measurements….. May not have been the perfect method, but it worked….

Cut to size….



Had to sew 2 shirts together because the logos were very small compared to the others…..

Cutting the sashing strips…..



Sewing blocks together with sashing…..

Deciding how to make the middle block POP…..

All done sewing together…..



Designing the back of the quilt….. Didn't just want it to be plain black…..



Prepping the binding…..



Quilting the layers together…..



Attaching the binding….. (pay no attention to the wonky quilt lines.... just gives it "character"....LOL!!!

ALLLLLLLLL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



It took approximately 30 hours over 3 weeks to design, cut, finish……and I'm totally happy with how it turned out..... Now the plan is to eventually get players to autograph it!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Freakin' AWESOME!!! You should send a pic of that to the Flyers organization to show your love!!!

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! I've already posted it to the official Facebook page... don't know where else to send it too though?

      Delete
  2. Good news for all, there are available Long Beach, Los Angeles, Lynwood, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Maywood, Hermosa Beach, Hidden Hills, Huntington Park, Industry, Inglewood, Irwindale, La Cañada
    Flintridge, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, La Puente, La Verne, Lakewood, Lancaster, Lawndale, Lomita, Monrovia,If you want to get any information about these, please visit this site. It is great and informative site.
    Flyers

    ReplyDelete