Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flyers 50th Birthday Party Decorations

My dad's 50th birthday was April 13th... I keep repeating this cause it's the coolest thing.... 50 years ago, he was born on Friday the 13th... and he celebrated this milestone birthday again on this "superstitious" day.... Sitting on the couch one night seeing a Flyers Playoff commercial, I had an idea.... I emailed Mom and it was set in motion....

FLYERS THEMED BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!



Flyers are currently in the 1st round of the Eastern Conference playoffs (as of tonight, up 3-0 in the series against the Pitts Penguins) and what better what to celebrate than with my Dads' favorite sport EVER!!!!!

This is what we came up with.













We all wore Flyers Orange (even Dad, though he didn't yet know about the decorations... so it worked out perfect)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN DAD!!!!!  
We Love You!!!!!

NOT PICTURED: Plates / Napkins with Flyers logo, NHL cutouts of Stanley cup & pucks purchased at Party City!!!

Recipe: Cricut Carts - Varsity Letters, EDPD, MS Birthday Cake
Sure Cuts A Lot for shapes to make ice rink on card and Flyers logo

8 comments:

  1. Great projects. You did an awesome job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through the Cricut message board and I just love your Flyers themed Birthday! We are HUGE Flyers fans and am thrilled we are on to game 2 tonight with a win in our pocket!!! Now I am your newest follower and look forward to seeing many more of your wonderful projects!

    Carol from Carol's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOO Boy! I am 10 minutes away fromt the Well's Fargo center!!! It was AWESOME when the defeated them!!! I also found you from Cricut Message Boards!!!

    SUPER GREAT PROJECT!!! I MAY have to scraplift this for my hubby for Father's Day!!!

    Can't wait for the game on Sunday!!! LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

    LOVE THIS IDEA!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies for all the great comments.... SMALL WORLD huh Carol and Jessica!!!!!

    My hubby and I were in Canada this past week and as we're driving there, we were just outside Buffalo when I spotted an Ontario license plate... WITH A FLYERS plate holder around it. I was like WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!! And we counted at least 8 people sporting Flyers logos around the area.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fantastic projects!!! I just became follower #30.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I can't believe how wonderful your project is! Your dad must have been on cloud 9. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous party decor!!! That cake is awesome....did you make it too?

    Tracy
    http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news for all, there are available South Gate, South Pasadena, Temple City, Torrance, Vernon, Walnut, West Covina, West Hollywood, Westlake Village, Whittier, Monrovia,If you want to get any information about these, please visit this site. It is great and informative site.
    Flyers

    ReplyDelete